CUMT Scholarship Application and Requirements
1. Categories of Scholarship
CUMT provides scholarships for outstanding international students who intend to study at the University. It contains two levels:
Class A: RMB 20,000 per year for Bachelor students, RMB 22,000 per year for Master students and RMB 24,000 per year for Doctoral students.
Class B: RMB 8,000 per year for Bachelor students, RMB 9,000 per year for Master students, and RMB 10,000 per year for Doctoral students.
We also provide a one-year scholarship for Chinese language learning. This scholarship aims to support those outstanding students who are accepted by CUMT to degree programs, but do not meet the HSK requirements. Class A is RMB 10,000, and Class B is RMB 8,000.
The scholarship holders should sign a contract with CUMT to ensure that you will continue their degree programs at CUMT after completion of their Chinese Language learning. If you drop out or transfer to other college/university due to personal reason, you must make compensation according to CUMT’s scholarship regulations.
Scholarship can be used to pay for full or part tuition, housing fee and other university charges. The balance will be transferred directly into student’s bank account monthly except February and August.
2. Eligibility Criteria
1) Prospective students of non-Chinese nationality who wish to pursue degree programs at CUMT.
2) Applicants should meet the general admission criteria for international students.
2) Applicants’ average academic grade point should reach above 75 out of 100.
3) Two recommendation letters from your academic teachers or professors or employers.
4) Applicants should observe the laws of China as well as the rules and regulations of CUMT.
3. Application Documents
1) CUMT Scholarship Application Form for International Students (http://sac.cumt.edu.cn/eng/).
2) International Student Application Form.
3) Personal Statement (500 words).
4) Signed statement of family incomes in Chinese or English.
5) Authorized Physical Examination Record for Foreigner.
6) Copy of identification card or valid passport.
7) Original academic transcripts, and copy of degree certificates.
8) Two recommendations letters.
9) Other academic awards or achievements which may support you.
Please note that all the academic transcripts mentioned above should be original. All documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translations in Chinese or English. All the writing in the forms should be in printing and signed. Any incomplete or invalid application will be rejected. The application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
Send all the required documents by post to the mailing address.
4. Selection and Notification
Awards will be based on student’s merit and other specific judging criteria by CUMT Scholarship Committee. For the prospective students, admission results will be announced by International College no later than July 1.
5. Scholarship Renewal
The scholarship is renewable annually depending on the comprehensive evaluation to the scholarship holders by CUMT. You should be aware that you cannot fail any courses. Additionally their academic performance of average score should be above 75 out of 100 or rank top 50% in all international students. Otherwise, the scholarship may be suspended.
6. Contact Information and Mailing Address
International College, China University of Mining and Technology
Mailing Address: No.1 Daxue Road, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China, 221116
Telephone: +86-516-83592819, +86-516-83592825
Chinese Government Scholarship
CUMT is eligible to accept Chinese government scholarships holders. For details of application requirements, you may visit the websiteof China Scholarship Council and apply online at http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/.