The Project of National 973 Plan
Basic Research on Geological Disaster Prevention and Treatment and Environmental Protection in the Western Coal Mining of High Intensity
Project number: 2013CB227900 Chief scientist: Miao Xiexing
Brief introductions of the Project
In the western mining area of China, the mining intensity is large, the research degree is relatively low, and the understanding of mechanisms of mine disasters such as water-inrush and sand bursting is not thorough enough. In the meanwhile, the eco-environment of West is very vulnerable, so it is very vital to protect eco-environment during the coal mining. In order to solve these problems, this project makes studies on the following three scientific issues:
(1) The aquiferous medium structures and hydrodynamics of pore fractures in the Jurassic-Cretaceous periods;
(2) The destruction progress of rock mass in high intensity and its mechanism of disaster occurrence;
(3) Mining theories and methods of preventing and curbing major mine disasters and protecting environment.
The research focuses on the following five aspects:
(1) Studies on structural geology and hydrogeology of the rock mass in coal-rich area;
(2) Studies on mechanical behavior of surroundingrocks mass inhigh intensity mining in the typical mining area;
(3) Studies on occurrence mechanism of major dynamic disasters in the coal mines under the condition of high intensity mining;
(4) Studies on forecasting theories and methods of major dynamic disasters and environmental damages to coal mines
(5) Studies on mining theories and methods of preventing and curbing coal mine disasters and protecting environment.
5 sub-projects are set up in this project:
(1) Jurassic-Cretaceousrock mass structures andhydrodynamic features in coal-rich areas;
(2) Rules of surrounding rock damage and crack evolution in high intensity mining in typical mining areas;
(3) The occurrencemechanism of water-inrush and sand bursting and roof dynamic disasters under high intensity mining;
(4) Prediction and evaluation of eco-environmental damage and its evolution under high intensity mining;
(5) High intensity mining theories and methods of preventing and curbing mine disasters and protecting environment.
The overall research objective:
According to the main features of Hydro-geological structures in the western mining areas of China, it is aimed at controlling water-inrush and sand bursting accidents, protecting regional water resources and ecological environment, solving main key scientific problems, and establishing characteristic mining theories and methods of preventing and curbing geological disasters and protecting eco-environment in high intensity mining in the western mining areas of China.