Publicity Department of Party Committee is a functional department that deals with ideology. It is responsible for theory publicity, guidance of public opinions, ideological and political education, construction of spiritual civilization as well as campus culture, etc.
Main Duties of Publicity Department of Party Committee
Ⅰ. Theory Publicity
1. It is responsible for the enactment of plans for CUMT’s political theory study, the situation and policy education of the teaching stuff, and organization of ideological and political theory education and research activities.
2. It is responsible for assisting the university’s Party Central Committee with its theory study, guiding, inspecting, and supervising the political theory study of CUMT’s secondary-level party central committees as well as the teaching faculty.
3. It is responsible for the compilation, publication and selective purchase of political materials for study, and subscription to party newspapers and journals.
4. It is responsible for working with relevant departments for the education of all party members and cadres.
Ⅱ. Ideological and Political Work
1. It is responsible for the enactment of plans for CUMT’s ideological and political work and coordination with all other departments and units for the development of teachers’ and students’ ideological and political awareness.
2. It is responsible for the daily work of the Research Society of Ideological and Political Education, including organizing the development of ideological and political research, the subjects and achievement declaration of ideological and political education, the arrangement of training for backbone ideological and political course teachers, and the writing work of relevant research materials.
3. It is responsible for CUMT’s online ideological and political education, including the enactment of plans for online ideological and political education, the platform construction of ideological and political website as well as WeChat public platform, the development of online ideological and political education as well as cultural activities, and the monitoring and guidance of online public opinions.
4. It is responsible for the investigation and research on the public opinions of teachers and students, including understanding and grasping the ideological trends of the teaching stuff and students, strengthening the team construction of liaison staff, and carrying out study and judgment of public opinions.
Ⅲ. Construction of Campus Culture
1. It is responsible for the enactment of plans for campus culture construction, including organizing, coordinating, and guiding the development of various educational theme activities centering on significant holiday celebrations and the university’s important events, cooperating with other departments for the development of campus cultural activities, and applying for the outstanding achievements of campus cultural construction advocated by the Ministry of Education.
2. It is responsible for the planning and management of CUMT’s cultural landscape, the construction and management of outdoor publicity stations, organization and arrangement of the publicity of important festivals as well as significant activities, and the creation of correspondent campus atmosphere.
3. It is responsible for the monitoring and management of campus publications, the management of activities including lectures, forums, seminars on philosophy and social sciences as well as outdoor publicityactivities.
Ⅵ. Promotion of Ethical and Cultural Progress and Legal Publicity and Education Work
1. It is responsible for the enactment, implementation and examination of plans for the construction of spiritual civilization, and the application for “Role Model in Ethical and Cultural Progress” and harmonious campus.
2. It is responsible for working with relevant departments to promote the ethical and cultural progress, and professional ethics of teachers, appraising through comparison and commending advanced models.
3. It is responsible for planning, arrangement and supervision of legal publicity and education of teaching and administrative staff.
Ⅴ. News Publicity
1. It is responsible for the publicity reports in and outside CUMT, strengthening liaison with its direct supervisory office and the media outside the university, guiding and monitoring publicity content, and summing up the publicity approaches of all departments and publicity units.
2. It is responsible for the publicity reports on CUMT’s important events, major tasks, features and advantages, model figures and exemplary deeds, the construction of publicity carriers such as school newspapers, news websites, radio stations and official micro-blogs as well, and collecting outside news reports on and evaluation of CUMT for leaders’ reference.
3. It is responsible for the management of award fund for publicity activities.
Members of the Publicity Department
Director of Publicity Department, Office of Promotion of Ethical and Cultural Progress and Press Center:
Telephone Number: 0086 516 83590031
Deputy Director of Publicity Department: Gong Cheng
Telephone Number: 0086 516 83590032
Deputy Director of Office of Promotion of Ethical and Cultural Progress: Li Guangwen
Telephone Number: 0086 516 83590037
Deputy Director of Press Center: Zhao Hongcan
Telephone Number: 0086 516 83590039